Recipients of the inaugural “SRI Conference 30 Under 30” award will be announced on October 7, 2019. The SRI Conference will announce the full list of honorees in a special blog post and The SRI Conference website and as part of a national news release highlighting the Award.
The SRI Conference is set to celebrate its 30th consecutive annual meeting in November 2019. The “SRI Conference 30 Under 30” award will recognize the contributions of investment professionals, social entrepreneurs, financial advisors, researchers, academic professionals, journalists, investment marketers, issue advocates and employee of a mission-driven organization who exemplify the spirit of SRI.
The SRI Conference & Community CEO Paula A. DeLaurentis, said: “SRI/ESG/impact investing is all about looking forward and finding tomorrow’s SRI leaders. So it’s only fitting that we should mark The 30th Annual SRI Conference with this new award that spotlights the best and the brightest of an emerging generation of SRI professionals. The future of our industry – and the outcome of so many pressing environmental, economic, and social challenges is vested in these outstanding individuals.”
ABOUT “THE SRI CONFERENCE 30 UNDER 30” AWARD
- Nominations are now open and must be received by September 4, 2019. Winners will be selected by October 1, 2019, and notified directly by email or phone call. Nominating parties will be notified of the outcome at the same time.
- Nominees must be under the age of 30 as of December 31, 2019.
- Nominees should be involved in the sustainable, responsible, and impact investing arena either as an investment professional, social entrepreneur, financial advisor, researcher, academic professional, journalist, marketer for an investment firm, issue advocate, or employee of a mission-driven organization who exemplify the spirit of SRI where they live, work, and play.
- Nominees should have a visible profile and demonstrated record of achievement in SRI as evidenced by peer recognition, publications (articles, white papers, blog posts), media coverage, as well as other awards and citations.
- Nominees should express interest in remaining in the SRI arena where they can continue to contribute to the advancement of sustainable, responsible, and impact investing.
- Nominees should exemplify SRI both in their professional and personal lives (e.g. they are active in community and civic engagement, mentoring, volunteering, serving on nonprofit boards, etc.)
- Candidates can be nominated by their peers and colleagues in the SRI profession and community, or by those who have been the beneficiaries of their impact.
- Individuals may nominate themselves, but all submissions — including third-party submissions — must include two other individuals who can support the nominee’s candidacy.
- The selection of the “SRI Conference 30 Under 30” award honorees is made by the staff of The SRI Conference & Community, major sponsors, First Affirmative and Folio Financial. Nominees may be asked to provide additional information as the award committee goes through its evaluation process.