- Why do you donate to our organization?
While this can be one of the most obvious questions, it is often good to ask. Asking this question allows you to know why some people are motivated to donate to your nonprofit. It lets you know what makes you stand out and why donors donate.
- Which programs and services that your gifts or donations support are important to you?
This can be a follow-up question to the first one. It seeks to identify the programs/services that donors care about the most. Listing the responses lets you identify core services or programs that donors value the most.
- To what degree do you think your donations make an impact?
Asking donors how they think about their donations' impact on the community and why they feel that way helps your nonprofit understand how well the donors feel about your activities. Ask them how the gifts can be made more meaningful and beneficial to the community.
- How do you prefer to give?
This is an important question, which can be broken to identify the frequency of giving (which can be one-time, monthly or annually), the preferred mode of giving (this can be in-kind, cash, auctions, event tickets) and the preferred method of giving (peer-to-peer, online).
- What causes do you like donating to?
This question allows you to identify what causes people like donating to and if your nonprofit is among them. With this information, you can identify the causes that donors think influence their donations the most.
- Will you donate to our nonprofit again?
With such a question, you will find out if the donor was impressed by how their donations were used. With this information, you can think of ways to improve your operations if most say they will not donate again.
- How likely are you to recommend our nonprofit to a friend?
The higher chances of a donor recommending your nonprofit to a friend mean that you are doing well and have a good impression on donors. However, if the donors respond negatively, you must improve your services.
- How do you like us to reach you? Phone, email or others?
These questions identify how a donor likes to be communicated. For example, some donors do not like monthly newsletters or phone calls. This question will allow you to find alternative means to reach your customers.
- How would you rate the performance of the executive team?
This question is important because it allows you to identify how your nonprofit is performing. It lets you understand how your donors rank your executive team and improve.
- How well do you understand our mission and vision?
With this question, you will know if the donors understand your purpose of existence through your mission and vision. This is one of the most important questions because it shows the clarity of your mission and vision.
- What do you like the most about working for our nonprofit?
This question establishes why volunteers like working in your nonprofit and what attracts them. Since donors are crucial for a nonprofit, this question is crucial.
- If you could support another cause through this organization, what would it be?
With this, you can identify the cause most donors would love to be part of in your nonprofit.