Here are some tools and resources that can help your nonprofit save money while still providing you with the support you need to succeed.
Marketing and Communication Tools
Marketing and communication are the two most important components of any nonprofit. Therefore, various low-cost or free tools have been created to ease the process of messaging and communicating with potential donors or target audiences of any type. Some popular tools include:
- Mailchimp: Mailchimp is a powerful email marketing platform that gives a free plan to nonprofits with less than 2,000 subscribers. With this tool, you can reach your target audience without breaking the bank.
- Canva: This user-friendly graphic design platform offers hundreds of templates, images, and other design elements that a charity can use to create engaging graphics for its official website, social media, and other marketing platforms.
- Hootsuite: This is an incredible social media management platform used by various organizations and individuals to schedule and publish social media posts across multiple platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Hootsuite offers a free plan for nonprofits.
The main goal of any nonprofit is fundraising for different causes. Therefore, success in fundraising determines the overall nonprofit's success. As such, various free or low-cost tools are available to help you reach your fundraising goals. Some popular tools include:
- Classy: This fundraising platform allows the user to create custom campaigns, accept donations, and track progress. It offers different pricing options, including a free plan for small nonprofits.
- GiveLively: GiveLively, as suggested by the name, is a donation platform that enables people and institutions to accept online donations, track the progress of fundraising, and access various fundraising tools. This platform has a free plan for nonprofits, meaning you can do your fundraising without worrying about the cost.
- Donorbox: Like GiveLively, Donorbox is a donation platform for accepting online donations, tracking your progress, and accessing various fundraising tools. It has various pricing options, which include a free plan for small nonprofits.
Project Management Tools
Project management is an important component when it comes to ensuring that the initiatives of your nonprofit organization are executed effectively. Several free or low-cost tools are available to help you stay on track with your project. These tools include:
- Asana: Asana is a project management platform allowing users to organize and track their tasks, projects, and deadlines. It has various plans, including a free plan for small teams.
- This is another famous platform with a free plan for small teams. Trello is a project management platform known for its visual, board-based interface that helps organize and track tasks, projects, and deadlines.
Financial Management Tools
Proper management of finances is the beginning of trust between the donors and the nonprofit. Therefore, as you think of properly managing the financial resources for your nonprofit, the first step is to look for different free or low-cost tools available to help you stay on top of your finances. Some of the popular tools for this job include:
- QuickBooks: QuickBooks is a famous financial management platform for different individuals and organizations. This platform allows you to track your income and expenses, create invoices, and manage your accounts payable and receivable. QuickBooks offers a range of pricing options, including a free plan for small nonprofits.
Regardless of the tool or platform you choose, ensure that it suits your purpose and works effectively regardless of the cost.