It is inspiring to see Power of Perception receive recognition for their work in the community. However, it is important to remember that there is still more work to be done in order to ensure that all members of the community have equal access to resources and opportunities. It is up to us to continue to strive for a more equitable society.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 52 seconds
Nonprofit Power of Perception Wins Prestigious Statewide Award
Power of Perception, a local nonprofit organization founded by Dennis Beale, was recently honored with the “People’s Choice Award” at the Wisconsin Innovation Awards in Madison. The Eau Claire-based organization provides more opportunities to black, biracial, and minority students in the community through mentoring programs, tutoring sessions, inspirational talks, and excursions. Out of 300 nominees and 25 finalists, nine winners were honored during the event at the Memorial Union in Madison. The “People’s Choice Award” winner was determined by votes that were collected using an online platform during the ceremony. According to Volume One, the award ceremony recognizes the state’s most innovative products and services from various industry categories.
Latest from News
- Tucker-Barrett's Nonprofit Aims to Help Women of Color Pursue Tech & Engineering Careers
- Discover How This Nonprofit is Solving National Security Challenges Through an Innovative Ecosystem
- Microsoft and United Way of Racine County Team Up to Launch New Technology Fund
- 5 Reasons Nonprofits Should Embrace Human Services Software
- Nonprofit and Microsoft Team Up to Bring TechSpark to Vermont