Although the Westchester OpCon provided many positive solutions to help the community, it is important to remember that there are still many homeless parents in the shelter system who are struggling to reunite with their children. Nonprofits can play an important role in providing assistance, but it is also important to recognize the need for government support to ensure that everyone has access to the resources they need.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 42 seconds
Leading Nonprofit Executives in Westchester Share Best Practices and Leadership Strategies
At the 2023 Westchester OpCon, hosted by New York Nonprofit Media, experts and local officials discussed ways to strengthen partnerships, streamline processes, and improve fundraising. The event focused on Westchester County, and highlighted the importance of collaboration between nonprofits and local government. Robin Hood Foundation, a nonprofit organization, announced plans to expand the child care voucher program in New York City. Additionally, a GED test center for people with disabilities opened in the city.
Latest from News
- Tucker-Barrett's Nonprofit Aims to Help Women of Color Pursue Tech & Engineering Careers
- Discover How This Nonprofit is Solving National Security Challenges Through an Innovative Ecosystem
- Microsoft and United Way of Racine County Team Up to Launch New Technology Fund
- 5 Reasons Nonprofits Should Embrace Human Services Software
- Nonprofit and Microsoft Team Up to Bring TechSpark to Vermont