Nonprofit organizations are an important part of society, but it is important to be aware of how they are run and how donations are used. It is important to research any nonprofit organization before making a donation to ensure that the money is going to a legitimate cause.
Estimated reading time: 0 minutes, 36 seconds
What is a Nonprofit Organization? All You Need to Know!
A nonprofit organization (NPO) is an organization that serves the public good and is tax-exempt. It does not make a profit, and all revenue available after normal operating expenses is used for the public interest. In the United States, nonprofits can be incorporated or unincorporated, and donations to nonprofits are usually tax-deductible. According to Market Business News, these organizations can be educational, scientific, charitable, literary, religious, a trade or professional organization, etc.
Latest from News
- Tucker-Barrett's Nonprofit Aims to Help Women of Color Pursue Tech & Engineering Careers
- Discover How This Nonprofit is Solving National Security Challenges Through an Innovative Ecosystem
- Microsoft and United Way of Racine County Team Up to Launch New Technology Fund
- 5 Reasons Nonprofits Should Embrace Human Services Software
- Nonprofit and Microsoft Team Up to Bring TechSpark to Vermont